- Seattle Times – Omak Lake Lahontan Cutthroat Trout Fishing April 20, 2014Mark Yuasa, Reel Time Northwest/Seattle Times Brad Hole with Kayak Fishing Washington recently spent a couple of days fishing east of the mountains, and with good success. “My buddy and I hit Omak Lake on the first day and the weather was perfect,” Hole said. “I managed to land 27 Lahontan Cutthroat trolling from my... Read more »
- ESPN 710AM – The Outdoor Line Talks Trout Opener with Brad Hole April 20, 2014Tom Nelson host of The Outdoor Line talks to Brad Hole of Kayak Fishing Washington about targeting trout and bass in our local waters, as well as, the up in coming Northwest Paddling Festival coming up May 9th & 10th. The Outdoor Line runs every Saturday from 6am-8am on ESPN(Seattle) 710AM radio.
- ESPN’s 710AM Radio -The Outdoor Line- checks in with Brad Hole April 3, 2014In case you missed it, listen to hosts Rod Endsley & Tom Nelson interview Brad Hole of Kayak Fishing Washington on their March 29th show The Outdoor Line. We talk about the advantages of kayak fishing, ease of transport, as well as, what’s on the agenda for spring. The Outdoor Line runs every Saturday from... Read more »
- Targeting Trophy Rainbows in the Winter January 12, 2014Fishing for trophy rainbow trout from a kayak. Rufus Woods Lake is where it's at!
- Brad Hole Talks Kayak Fishing with ESPN’s 710AM Radio October 28, 2013In case you missed it, listen to hosts Rod Endsley & Tom Nelson interview Brad Hole of Kayak Fishing Washington on their show The Outdoor Line. We talk kayak fishing and cutthroat trout fishing on Lake Washington. The Outdoor Line runs every Saturday from 6am-8am on ESPN(Seattle) 710AM radio.
- Seminar on Kayak Fishing Basics October 28, 2013Northwest Sportsman Magazine Seminar On Kayak Fishing Basics Coming Up Nov. 14 In Issaquah
- Fishing from a sea kayak October 28, 2013Sea Kayaker Magazine November 2013—Open Water by Todd Switzer Sooner or later it is bound to happen: you’ll be out for a day paddle or an extended kayak camping trip and that perfect fish will glide by. Like many of us you’ll see that perfect fish as a meal. However, going from observing this fish... Read more »
- How-To: Catch Sockeye Salmon August 7, 2013Armada vs Sockeye Baker Lake (located in Concrete, WA about 2.5 hrs from Seattle) has to be the most scenic fishing lake in our state. It looks as if Bob Ross airbrushed Mount Baker as the back drop for this majestic lake. While Baker Lake holds it’s share of rainbow trout and large dolly vardon,... Read more »
- For Seattle angler, kayak adds freedom, mobility to lifelong passion August 7, 2013
- Fishing the Seven Lakes Area Fourth of July Weekend July 9, 2013Fourth of July weekend in Seattle couldn’t have been better. The weather was in the mid 80′s and our thought was to head north to the Seven Lakes area to try our luck for largemouth bass. We got an early start on Lake Martha Sunday morning. The bass bite just wasn’t happening. We dragged drop... Read more »
- Recipe: Halibut with a Creamy Morel Sauce July 5, 2013Two of my favorite things about late spring in the Pacific Northwest: fresh caught halibut and locally foraged morel mushrooms. While, I’m lucky to have caught a nice sized halibut this year, and managed to find some great morels, you can easily substitute halibut for ling cod or any flaky white fish and dried morels... Read more »
- KFW’s Todd Switzer places 4th overall in the Lake Washington Trout Derby July 1, 2013Seattle’s Lake Washington Trout Derby kicked off Saturday morning with almost 90 registered fisherman. In a derby traditionally dominated by power boaters, kayak fisherman, Todd Switzer placed 4th overall with a 21″ / 2lb 12.5oz cutthroat trout. The weigh in was close with the winning fish being a mere 4oz larger than Switzer’s fish. Todd... Read more »
- KOMO News Catch of the Week: Brad’s halibut July 1, 2013
- Lake Omak Opener 2013 for Lahontan Cuttys June 24, 2013Brad and I hit Omak Lake from May 30th thru June 3rd with the goal of landing one large Lahontan Cutthroat trout each after the opener on June 1st to count toward our AOTY points and feed our desire for catching these fantastic fish. The idea was to arrive early and pre-fish the lake, locate... Read more »
- Lake Washington Trout Derby 6/15/2013 June 21, 2013The 2013 Lake Washington Trout Derby is in the books. This annual derby brought 86 anglers entered in this years derby, 26 anglers caught fish and entered at least one fish at the weigh-in. The 39 trout at the weigh-in ranged from 11.5 ounces to 3 pounds 0.5 ounces. To the best of our knowledge... Read more »
- Washington Winter Cutthroat Action February 21, 2013When winter rolls into the Pacific Northwest, the rain blows in sideways and the temperature drops. For many kayak fishermen it’s all about finding space in the garage to store your kayak until spring. Granted, there are a few die-hards that brave the salt to fish winter-run blackmouth salmon or stage near river estuaries in... Read more »
Kayak Fishing Washington’s goal is to educate people about the growing sport of kayak fishing. We put on educational clinics in the classroom and on the water and offer private guided trips using Hobie Pedal Powered Kayaks.